Friday, August 10, 2012

I am making connections


Assessment to Promote Understanding and Achievement
                                                                            Day 4


Today was a day where a lot of analysis and total reflection where various connections were made . Many theories were put into practice. I found it engaging to construct higher end questions that may be used to assess Understanding in light of the Six Facets. 

Concepts such as The Backward Design and Triangulation were brought alive in the articles read and the movie entitled “Freedom Writers” that was shown. Based on my learning style I felt enthralled to see that these concepts could become concrete.


I am hoping that the articles on data collection and analysis will remain vibrant and lasting in my cranium. It reinforces the notion that data analysis plays an integral role in planning, modification of instruction, coaching learners and making value judgments. As Hubbard (N.D.) suggested, “ the more closely you can intertwine data collection and analysis into your daily routine, the more likely you are to keep on top of it.”
 
I intend to implement many of these concepts in my teaching learning experience as they  develop levels of understanding.

Based on these experiences, some of my misconceptions have been mitigated and I can only conclude that teaching is indeed an “art”that is extremely complicated. It is my dream to master this art.

No comments:

Post a Comment