Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Stressed and Stretched


Assessment to Promote Understanding & Achievement.

Day 2  ( Stressed and Stretched)

Today started out pretty calm but unexpectedly I found myself totally discombobulated. I didn’t imagine that it was so difficult to put theory into practice. The central focus today was on the journal Understanding by Design and applying such concepts to devise a unit template based on each learner’s discipline.

This is a backward approach to curricular design, where goals are directly linked to assessment and planning is done in the reverse in comparison to the traditional method. The readings were complex , its applications had greater complexity but in the end, though derailed,I started navigating my compass back to my intended targets.




Much of today for me was spent doing a self-assessment.  I analyzed where I am at, where I am I expected to be and  how I am going to close the gaps. 
I wonder if I have reached a point of saturation.
Thankfully,  I am remaining positive that all my confusions will be alleviated and I will engage all reading materials confidently.


No comments:

Post a Comment