Thursday, August 9, 2012

"Triangulated"


Assessment to Promote Understanding and Achievement

                                                              Day 3.

Today was a day that seemed pretty much longer than usual, as much surrounded understanding and triangulation.

I am beginning to appreciate the various facets of understanding and the way they impact mature understanding.  Based on the supporting theories, that were evidently articulated in the readings today, I am likely to implement such strategies in my teaching learning experience.

At times many of the readings were so similar and I had to think and rethink to understand the differences.  Many of the ideas, concepts and principles overlapped. Ideally triangulation became alive to me.



Even though, I had completed action research in the past, many of the concepts and knowledge were not enduring. Terms such as reliability, validity and credibility are now viewed from various perspectives.  The information on data was informative, as I was reminded that data should reflect realities, gathered and analyzed from various perspectives.

My state of ‘confusion” seems to be replaced with  a state of ‘triangulation”

No comments:

Post a Comment